Not sure how I feel about the name of this recipe, but I had to try after drooling over this post I found on Pintrest. So last weekend, after our yummy cinnamon rolls had digested, I treated my husband I I to these scrumptious eggs. It was a good day of food.
Eggs in Purgatory
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped white or yellow onions
- Sprinkling of red pepper flakes
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- Dash of salt
- 4 eggs
- chopped fresh basil, for serving
Heat oil in pan.
Add onions, red pepper, and black pepper and cook until the onions have softened.
Add garlic and cook until the garlic begins to brown.